Wednesday 18 December 2013

Gluten-Free Cranberry Clementine Christmas Bread

This recipe is free of gluten and dairy.



Well everyone, it's that time of year again! Time for presents, family, friends and food. The Christmas season brings on a world of fragrances of its own, my childhood olfactory Christmas memories are just spilling with everything from pine to turkey dinner. Living away from family is hard this time of year, though every Christmas I go to be with them, having a limited amount of time there I find myself yearning for these familiar smells to get myself in the spirit! 

One delicious aroma that always gets me in the Christmas mood is the smell of baked fruit dishes. Fruit cake, dessert breads, any kind of carb-filled fruit dessert really kick starts my Christmas spirit. So, last night me and Navada got together and baked a Cranberry Clementine Christmas loaf. 

It came out more than ideal! This is my new favourite dessert bread and I'll definitely be baking it for my family once I get home. Served warm with a bit of butter it was just fantastic. Definitely a Christmas bread I'll be making over and over again.


Yield: 1 loaf

1 cup brown rice flour
½ cup tapioca starch
½ cup arrowroot starch
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
½ teaspoon guar gum
1 cup sugar
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup cranberries (I used frozen)
3 clementines
Zest from 1 inch clementine peel
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup chopped pecans


Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil and preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.

Zest one inch of a single clementine. 

Peel all the clementines. Place cranberries, clementines, zest, oil, vanilla, egg and pecans in a food processor. Pulse but do not liquefy.

Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well.

Add the wet ingredients slowly to the dry, making sure only to mix until a dough is formed.

Transfer the dough into the pan. Bake for 1 hour.

Remove the loaf from the pan, but leave it about 15 minutes before portioning. Serve warm (re-heating is totally okay) with butter for dessert!

Enjoy! Happy holidays!


Post by McKayla

No comments :

Post a Comment